What is Palo Santo and what is it used for?
Its sweet and strong smell at the same time is easily recognizable and its use, more and more widespread. 'Palo Santo' means 'sacred wood' and as such is widely used for spiritual purposes.
Many claim it has healing and calming powers, which is why it has fascinated civilizations since ancient times.
Among other things, it was widely used by Inca shamans in their religious and spiritual rituals, as a perfect tool to attract good luck, ward off negativity and achieve better spiritual communication with their gods.
Today, this "sacred wood" never ceases to amaze us: more and more new uses and forms of application are becoming known.
What is the name of the Palo Santo tree?
The Palo Santo tree is found primarily in South America and is known as "the sacred wood" or bursera graveolens.
Palo Santo is part of the citrus family and has sweet undertones of pine, mint and lemon. Its wood contains an obvious aroma when burned as wood or distilled.
How is Palo Santo used?
- Light it with a candle.
- You will see black smoke.
- After a few seconds, turn it off by waving your hand.
- Walk around the space in which you want to clear the energy.
- Enjoy the spiritual and soothing white smoke of palo santo.
- Place the stick in a fireproof container. The charcoal will burn slowly.
- You can use it all the way.
Benefits of Palo Santo
- It is used to expel negative energies and attract positive energies. Balance the energies.
- It helps meditation so much to relax the mind and induce a sense of surrender. It is very useful in yoga, reiki and aromatherapy practices.
- Relieves nervous tension and contributes to the resolution of conflicts.
- Cleans and purifies environments, in addition to flavoring them.
- It helps us connect with our own being.
- It is an aphrodisiac: it stimulates gentleness and the ability to give and receive love.
- Increases self-esteem and improves mood.
- It increases the feeling of calm and well-being in the home and environments in general.
- It is a natural mosquito repellent.
- It is a talisman that calls for good luck.